**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Today...Part 2

Hi...

Thought it might be neat to post a pic of my hand.  It gives you an idea of how thick my inflammation is... I would love to see yours.  Is that weird!?  LOL.  Because I'm boy cotting my rheumatologist... I don't really know how bad/ serious this is. 

Also- wondering if any of you out there have tried low dose naltrexone or hormone therapy? I'd be very interested in your experiences.  My RA came when I went off the pill and got much better when pregnant (hormones!)

Do you think my hand modelling days are over? 

If you want to email me one of your hand pics... I'd post it on here!  jen_mcconnery@yahoo.ca

4 comments:

  1. Yup, definate swelling going on there. You should go over the raguys blog and check out his hand poster and send him a pic of yours if you haven't already. He is doing a project on autoimmune arthritis hands. If you can't find the link, go to my blog, go to the upper right side of my blog and click on the link about his project. It will take you directly to it. You will have 900+ hands to compare yours to and do add yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and my heart aches for your pain. I have arthritis too but it much more controlled apparently because my hands look nothing like your picture. I'm curious why you aren't on any of the biologics? For me Enbrel is my lifesaver. My daughter has arthritis too and at our last visit with her pediatric rheumatologist we were discussing diet and alternatives to arthritis meds. This doctor has seen it all in his 30+ years of practice and he said there is no diet, vitamins, or herbs out there that can even come close to the effects of biologic drugs. A good friend of mine is completely crippled from RA because biologics weren't available when she was diagnosed 30 years ago. She tells me often as she sees how I'm dealing with the disease that she feels cheated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just feel so sorry for the pain you must feel in your hands. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just Heartbreaking! You are a strong, beautiful woman! Keep going, and keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete