**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Motivated & Coconut milk

Hi All,

I'm doing well, have my eating under strict control!  I changed a few things since my last post- one being removing all grains totally (no more rice crackers or rice cakes) and no more cheese at all (my beloved goat feta).  Oh and I also stopped the V8.  I have added fresh vegetable juice made by either my juicer or booster juice.  It contains only beets, carrots, apple and ginger.  It's pretty tasty.  Oh and I have discovered coconut milk.  I blend it in my magic bullet until it gets whipped like whipped cream and pour it over berries.  It's so yummy and seems to be a popular treat amongst health food bloggers so I thought I would give it a shot to keep things interesting.  It's very natural and I don't add any sugar or anything to it.  It tastes amazing!!!

I got a call from my Rheumatologist to remind me of my appt this Thursday.  I knew it was coming but didn't know so soon... so that is driving me to get these hands and feet in top notch shape so I can show them off!  I'm anxious to see what he will say when I explain that I am still not taking any medications....  My only worry is these large bumps on the back of my heels.  They are painful and don't seem to go away even when my feet and hands are well under control.

Wish me luck and I'll follow up later this week after my appt!

5 comments:

  1. I for one will be VERY interested to see what your rheumatologist has to say. I am finding that traditional docs don't buy into alternate treatments much and the famous lines I have heard over the years is..."Your ra will still progress and destroy your joints if you don't take the xyz traditional DMRAD" or "I hate when patients think they can cure their disease this way!" I wait with baited breath to hear what your rheumie has to say. I hope he/she is more open minded. We have been using Almond Milk unsweetened for a mild substitute and coconut cream for a creamer sub here for over a year. We love both of them :-) Keep up the great work with your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb.. thanks for the note. I am anxious and I have a feeling he will be one of those rheumatologists but I feel strong and confident in what I am doing so I don't really need his approval. It would be interesting if I lied and said I was still on prednisone and naproxyn, and plaquenil and feeling great... he'd probably be happy with that... we'll see!! You can buy coconut cream? I have been whipping mine up but that might be easier? Thanks for your encouraging words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I am still waiting to see what your doctor says. My Rheumy gave me a thumbs up when I told him I am controlling it through diet. He told me if I can hold off on the meds as long as possible, the better. I was nervous to tell him too. I'd be curious to know who your doctor is since we are in the same city. I am totally off track right now and am paying for it but am getting in the swing of things ... until this weekend (last cheat day, I promise myself). Stay motivated!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think we would need to lie to our rheumatologist about the way we use to heal our illness. If he/she does not understand, u can always get another referral from your family doc. I told my rheumatologist about my special diet a month ago and he was very glad to see my joints recovery from the PsA. He is the only doc recommend me to go on diet ( before I put myself on the elimination therapy ) as he told me it would help ease my joint pain. I discussed with him about stopping all the drugs but he requested me to stay on the low dosage of MTX and he would make the judgement based on my joint pain in the next appointment i.e. Sept
    I am interested to know what your rheumatologist would say about what u have gone through and the recommendation he has for u.
    Louie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Changing your diet can make a huge difference in your health!
    https://southlandarthritis.com

    ReplyDelete