**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Guest Post from Jenna Walters

Hi All,

Still dealing with my flare up.  I have had some small improvements, but unfortunately they seem to be followed with a huge step back.  I am eating very clean and getting lots of rest.  I think the weather here in Ottawa plays a factor.  I know a lot of people that have had a challenging January.

An online friend, Jenna Walters has been kind enough to offer this article she wrote with regards to Arthritis and alternative methods.  Thank you Jenna for taking the time ;)


An Alternative for Arthritis

Arthritis is a general term for a number of conditions involving symptoms such as chills, pain, joint stiffness, swelling and fever among others depending on condition. The impact of this disease can be so debilitating, it is important to research ways in which to best relieve your ailments.


Arthritis can be treated in several different ways but finding the right treatment can be exhausting. Alternative methods used in conjunction with conventional treatments have been found to improve health in individuals with illnesses ranging from peritoneal mesothelioma to arthritis. The benefits of trying alternative and natural therapy methods include easier access, cheaper medical bills, and a healthier body and lifestyle.

In ancient times, it was believed throughout the world that the root cause of ailments was the body's buildup of toxins. This accumulation of toxins and incomplete processes of food in the gastrointestinal tract can be thought to be a source of decreased immunity. This concept of toxicity, food allergens and environmental toxic sources lead to a creation of immune complications, which in turn creates the many symptoms in patients suffering from arthritis. Natural therapy, including taking supplements and herbs, and taking care of your intestinal tract, can increase your chances of becoming symptom free. It's important to understand that taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents(NSAIDS) make the lining of your intestinal tract weaker, thus, giving you "leaky gut" which leads to worsening of disease. The intestinal tract's position and processes are integral in keeping your body healthy because it is the body's first line of defense. Keeping awareness of what can induce GI inflammation will be an essential way of managing your arthritis. Supplements with antioxidants, such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C, and gluthathione can decrease inflammatory response. Supplements containing sulphur can help enable the liver to process the onslaught of toxins.

Using alternative treatment with traditional medicine can help make arthritis much more manageable and safer. Supplements such as white willow bark, kava-kava, and Jamaican dogwood can help with pain management. Wintergreen, cloves and Boswellia are also very helpful in improving arthritic symptoms. Please make an effort to educate yourself on these safer and healthier treatment practices. There is ample research for your review.



6 comments:

  1. I truly wish alternate treatments would become mainstream or at the very least be viewed by conventional medicines as something to review and integrate but alas....not yet and probably not in my lifetime. When and if insurance companies would begin to realize that when patients begin to practice healthier lifestyles and alternate treatments they in fact can reduce the cost of the treatment of many illnesses of avoid having to be treated at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,

    Don't give up with the food diet. I am feeling more joint pains since last October when the weather gets cold. I think this is the nature of the joint pain due to the change of temperature no matter u take the NASIDS or DSMARD. As long as the joint damage is not getting worse, I think you still have the disease under control. It looks like we are going to have an early spring in Ottawa this year. Hoping that your joint pain would go away once the weather gets warmer.

    By the way, my rheumalogist refers me to see an allegy doc last week to see if my PSA is due to the food allergy as he heard my story about having the PSA under control with the food diet process. The appointment with the Allergy Doc turns out to be a totally waste of time as he did not believe in food diet to control the disease is scientific and there has been no official study to prove it to be effective. He just asked me to leave without doing any basic allegy test. It was just a rip-off of the OHIP money.

    Regs,
    Louie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have suffered through chronic back pain for over 20 years, and know many people with various forms of arthritis. Over the years I have spent a great deal of time researching natural methods for pain relief since, on principle, I reject the notion of a dependence on drugs or the prospects of surgery. As a result of this research, in the last two years I have developed a natural method for relief that has worked extremely well for me, as it has for many others who are working through many types of chronic pain conditions, including many with arthritis. If you like, feel free to download a white paper that I have prepared that reflects the experiences of many users of this method. You can find it at www.smartenergetics.com/community/read-reviews, and I hope this information is helpful to you.

    take care, thom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!
    https://southlandarthritis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born epileptic and at the same time I was having gastro disorder, but I am now free and cured by Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine. I was seventeen and sitting at my computer when I fell out of my chair. Only thing I remember is waking up with the worst headache I had ever had in my life. I had never taken medication and I hated swallowing pills but I had to start. I switched between all kinds of medication because I didn't take them like I was supposed to. One day I had just finished running errands and was at my sister's house when I fell to the floor again. I woke up with a bad headache and my 2 year old Niece leaning over my leg asking me if I was OK. By then I had just started college and was one the verge of losing my license. My school is an hour away from where I live so I really got set back because I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my seizures under control. I would love to know how others have handled their epilepsy! So My sister's friend Emma Told my sister about a herbal Doctor who resides in west Africa(Nigeria) Because Emma is from Africa as well, My sister told me about it then we decided to give it a try. My sister contacted him also tell him about my autism too.he assures my sister that his herbal medicine will cure my epilepsy and my autism, I paid for the herbal medicine then he delivered to Charleston Post office I was called to pick it up which i quickly did, I drank it for two weeks as prescribed happily I went for diagnose and find out my Epilepsy and Autism is gone and today making it 9 Months and I'm now free from Autism, Seizure and Epilepsy, I will continue to share Dr Itua Natural Herbal Medicine works. I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone who is suffering from,,,AUTISM, EPILEPSY, SEIZURE, COLD SORE, HERPES, HIV/AIDS.Shingles,Gastro disorder,Diabetes,Back Pain,Cancer,HPV,Lupus,Liver & Kidney Disease,Dr Itua Contact Information..... Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.... WhatsApp Number....+2348149277967. Live Happily Again With Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine....

    ReplyDelete