**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

OUCH....

Yikes....I've been in bad shape for some time now.  It has been accumulating over the past 2 months or so.  I was doing so well that I started to get a little bold and have some "non legal" foods!  Just a bit here and there.... some dark chocolate and wine...then a cookie....then more wine.  Then a little grated cheese in my salad.... 

I was coping ok with a little bit of the returned pain and stiffness but I'm officially out of control in a bad flare at the moment.  I think that when I'm good, I can tolerate the odd little treat (for me that's white wine or cheese or chocolate)  but when I'm already in a bit of a flare it's a bad idea to have those foods and that's where I've gone wrong.

Since Sunday I have gone back to a super duper clean diet.  No sugar whatsoever and no dairy or wheat.  A typical day is something like :

Breakfast:  Sunwarrior protein (clean & vegan) with water, flax seeds and blueberries
Snack:  Apple
Lunch: Salad with cucumbers & avocado (no nightshades) dressing- olive oil and vinegar
Snack: Nuts
Dinner:  Chicken and brocolli

I do have a lot of stress in my life at the moment with my mom being ill...I realize that this can impact my RA.

I am going to see my Naturpath doctor tomorrow so I'm hoping he can fix me up before I grab for my naproxyn & prednsione!  (just kidding.... I won't)

That's it for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment