**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Long over due update

Well it's been quite a while since I've updated.  We sure have a lot going on in our lives at the moment.  Lots of good things too thank god.

My mom was diagnosed with Lung cancer back in December.  It has been a real rollercoaster these past few months getting a firm diagnosis, getting the facts, and starting treatment.  We are all extremely positive and I know that things will be ok.  It will get much worse before it gets better, but I know it will get better.

Through my process of healing my RA with nutrition and gaining all this amazing insight to alternative therapies, we have found an amazing Naturopath doctor to work with mom and now I'm seeing him as well for my RA. 

For my mom, he has recommended therapies like hydrotherapy, castor oil packs, Vitamin C through IV, acupuncture, probiotics, juicing vegetables (she tried it and hated it ;(  nutrient dense high calorie smoothies, special compounds, and chinese tea.  Mom is doing amazing and trying everything.  I know it will help with her immune function and energy levels!!

After hearing him recommend all these therapies to my mom, I realized that there is probably more that I could be doing for my RA.  I have come a long way but I felt ready to go further.  I met with him and we discussed everything I've done thus far.  It was really nice because I could tell he cared and he was impressed that I've been able to go off my meds and stay fairly strict on this diet.  (I hate to call it a diet, that makes it sound like I'm trying to lose weight... I prefer nutrition plan?)  Anyhow, he has lots of ideas that I'm very excited about.  I really really want to try the Vitamin C IV but he told me to slow down... not yet ;(  We are going to be focussing on healing my gut.  Yep, that "Leaky Gut Syndrome" thing again.  He's quite concerned about all those meds I ingested over the last 3-4 yrs.  Especially the prednisone.  Here's the plan for the next 4 weeks:
- Good quality probiotics (which I believe really help me- I ran out and was lazy and flared...)
- Chinese tea that he mixed for me (for gut healing)  (1-2 cups per day or more)
- Homeopathic little pill called RHUS-TOX (1x per day)
- Castor oil packs on my abdomen (2-3x per week)
- Hydroptherapy (1x per week)  *This was neat- I did it yesterday for the first time! 

I'm rammbling.. but I'm excited to have some new things to focus on.  My RA has been well under control and I'm doing great.  I've cheated a few times (not fallen off- just a few cheats along the way) and boy do I pay for them!!!!!!! 

I will go into more detail on the hydrotherapy and castor oil packs in a few days.
Hope everyone is well!!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, I just found your blog..I suffer from psoratic arthritis and am also trying to get off methotrexate and do it naturally..im keen to hear your experience with the natural stuff too. all the best to you...from way downunder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my name is Erla and I found your blog when I was searching for arthritis blogs. I have psoratic arthritis and I'm trying to keep the flares down with diet instead off medicines.

    Your blog is an inspiration. I have just begun my journey and it helps a lot reading your blog, it gives me a tons of idea to try out. Thank you for taking time to write about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous: Thanks for reading and your post. I will try to post often and help. If you would like more info or have questions please feel free to contact me via email jen_mcconnery@yahoo.ca Goodluck to you!!

    @ Erla: Thanks for your post! I've read your blog- keep it up girl... you are on the right track!!

    ReplyDelete