**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Juicer!!

Things are going great on my end.  I haven't been adding foods as often as I should, but I'm enjoying the use of my hands and feet so much I don't want to send myself into a flare!!  I mean, it's part of the process but I'm being selfish!

My son turned 2 this past week and there were a few parties here for him.  That means some baking (cupcakes) and other treats (pizza, chips, etc)  I fully admit and take responsibility for sneaking a bite of a cupcake but other than that, things have been going very well.

I successfully added pork, which is nice as I have lots of options for dinner now (steak, chicken, pork, eggs, hamburger)

Today I pulled out our juicer and made a nice fresh juice.  I was in a "let's get healthier" mood.... which I tend to do about once a month!!  Haahaa.  I used some safe foods- carrots, apple, celery..and added 2 newbies- beets and ginger.  It tasted good.  My 2 yr. old was even fighting me for it!!  I don't mind letting him drink that!

On another note, I have been researching Omega 3 EFA's (essential fatty acids) and I think I'm going to change my curreny brand.  I was using Nutrasea, then at the recommendation of a friend, switched to Metagenics (which I think is an excellent brand)  but I just spoke to a rep for Cyto-Matrix and it turns out their supplement has much more EPA (1750mg) and DHA (875mg) as well as Vit D (1000 IU).  They also carry a product called Inlammatrix which is what my Naturopath suggested, I just couldn't find it. 

It's too bad my benefits don't cover all these proactive supplements....just the big bad meds that I'm staying away from!

No comments:

Post a Comment