**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Friday (sort of!)

Well today is better than yesterday- that's a move in the right direction!!  A big thank you to all of you out there who not only read my blog, but emailed or called to offer kind words of encouragement after yesterdays post!  I appreciate it!!

Some of you have growing concerns that what I'm doing may be a little dangerous due to the lack of variety of foods and vitamins & nutrients.  I checked with some of my sources, and while I agree it seems a little drastic, it's far less dangerous than the drugs that I would now be on.  And for those dear friends that don't really know just how painful this disease it, if you knew, you'd know why I am doing this. 

And the good news is- today is better than yesterday!!  That means (by my un-scientific calculations) that tomorrow should be great again! (wishful thinking!)  You should see the bag of carrots I bought yesterday at Farm Boy- it's the biggest bag of carrots I've ever seen 10lbs!!

I even took my mom's advice and bought parsnips and turnips.  Eek.  But to my suprise I sort of enjoyed the parsnips.  I cut them up like shoestring french fries with sweet potato and carrots and I roasted them in the oven with olive oil and seat salt.  I cooked them until they were golden & crispy.  Not bad!  But when I went to make them again for dinner, I just nibbled at a few- I think I am sick of them already. 

I'm heading to my mom & dad's for a visit tonight with my boy.  It's sort of our Friday night ritual.  I say I'm heading over for a visit right before dinner and of course I always stay and have a delicious dinner with them!  Tonight, I will pack up a few carrots and a turnip to bring.  And watch my mom enjoy a nice wine while I curse at her under my breathe!

Stay tuned!  I think tomorrow we will be back to good! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment