**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Ouch!

These 2 arrowroots are really killing me!  I suppose since starting this experiment, I have gotten very used to feeling good.  It's making these flares feel really bad!  Thank god I know how to fix them!

I found myself taking short cuts that I think are part of the problem (and possibly part of the flare)  I am so sick of bbq'ing chicken that I purchased a few grilled chicken breasts from the Farm Boy ready made counter.  I asked them how they were prepared and they seemed ok (I'm hoping oregano and rosemary are ok herbs)   I guess it's a little silly of me to assume that herbs would be ok?  I made that same mistake with banana's a few weeks ago!

I also made one more little change- one that I thought was very smart... but maybe not so much now?  I switched from olive oil to avocado oil for my high heat cooking as per my naturopath's recommendation.   We tend to do a lot of stir fry's and I have been trying to switch things up!  Even though it is a cooking oil, it's still a food- so I should still be careful.

I find myself going back to the basics while in a flare.  Bring out the carrots and peaches!  Tonight we are going out for dinner (that's a stressful event while trying to do something like this!)  Between me and my son (allergies to dairy, eggs, nuts)  we are what you call "High maintenance customers!!"  We'll leave a big tip ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment