**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 13

So today I woke up and I have a little bit of stiffness back in my hands.  I think I need to remember that I am still in the testing phase... not cured!!  I ate what I thought was a fairly safe list of foods although I did consume quite a bit of nuts.  I have had walnuts with no problems and lastnight I ate a larabar which only had 2 ingredients- cashews & dates.  I am going to back off the nuts for a while and re-test in a while.

Other than that I had my usual fruit smoothie (frozen berries, flax, banana and pomegranate juice) an apple, some chicken and some carrots.  Oh and a green tea. 

Could it be cashews?  Walnuts are ok but cashews aren't?  We'll have to see....

I still don't have any desire to put anything bad in my body.  No cravings of sugar, bread, cheese, chocolate or wine.  It feels abnormal to not be craving these favorites!!  In fact, I am the extreme opposite- I find myself wanting to be the healthiest I have ever been.  I even bought spinach to start blending into my morning smoothie. 

Today I am going to be basic and eat only safe foods and get this little bit of swelling under control. 

Happy Friday!!

2 comments:

  1. Nuts in general have a high Omega 6 content, even walnuts, and that could cause inflammation. Maybe it wasn't that you had cashews, but that you had walnuts one day, then cashews the next and maybe a bit too much.

    Dates while not pure sugar are still very high in sugar.

    Snacks and desserts can be very tough on a limited diet. Whole fresh fruit might be better to start with. If you do want to eat nuts I would suggest a fish oil supplement if you're not already taking one. The Omega 3 in that might help offset the high Omega 6 from the nuts.

    Take your time trying to figure these things out. It's a lot of trial and error, but it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen,

    I love reading about how things are going with you. You do have a lot of support and people hoping and wishing the very best for you. You have alot more will power than most (including me). I'm always hear for you if there's anything that I can do. Keep going!!!!! I think you are on to something!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete