**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Elimination Diet- Day 1

So far Day 1 has been ok.  I went out yesterday and bought all my "allowable" foods.  It's a pretty small list.  All I am allowed over the next 6 days is sweet potato, celery, carrots, peaches & pears.  To drink all I can have is spring water or mineral water.  The only seasoning is sea salt.  That's it.  There are other foods on the elimination diet but none that I like- white fish, rutabaga, turnips. 

I started my day with a glass of mineral water and a peach.

Now I am chugging back my magnesium citrate drink.  That is a drink to "clean you out".  Yikes.  It could be an interesting day.  I asked the pharmacist if it worked fast and how intense it was.  She just nodded and said "Yes, fast and intense"  Oh boy!

The thinking is that this drink will help clear out all the food that I've eaten over the last few days and remove any allergens if I am in fact allergic to some foods.

They say that by day 2 and 3 you feel terrible.  You may experience flu type symptoms and feelings of withdrawal!  I warned my husband that I may be a cranky wife and momma!  I also can't drink coffee- that is tough for me!  The first thought that fills my brain in the morning upon waking is- COFFEE.... Mmmmm.

Hopefully it's an ok day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment