**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Slow but steady

Things are going awesome.  I am taking this nice and slow and probably taking too much time adding food, but it feels comfortable and safe.

To add to my base list, I've got blueberries and eggs.  I am actually quite content with my list although I do need to add more fiber.

Before this diet journey, I was constantly online researching, reading tons of "health" books and I ended up coming across lots of products, of which some I purchased... I'm a total sucker for buying any product that has a claim to make you healthier.  My husband laughs at me when I go to the health food store for fun.   In once case I bought some healthy bars which are wheat and gluten free, dairy free and only contain healthy natural ingredients.  I won't name names...   By the time I paid for the bars and the shipping, they ended up being close to $5 per bar...and they didn't taste good at all.  I've now found "larabar" and I love them.  They are made with only natural ingredients, they have a ton of flavors and while I have only tried a few (that fit in my current diet)  they are yummy!!   And the best part, they are only $1.99 and you can get them at Loblaws!  Nice!

In my near future to try... goat cheese & quinoa !  Wow, my life is exciting!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy following your progress and look forward to trying this myself. I have enough on my plate for now, but I will be taking notes and doing my own research until I start this.
    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are doing great!! Have you had any dairy yet??
    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Nat: Thanks for your encouragement! You'll know when you're ready! I was out of options and had nothing to lose! Plus, my meds weren't working. Thanks for reading!

    @ Moe: I haven't done dairy yet... the naturopath that I saw thought it might be best to stay away from dairy and wheat for now.

    ReplyDelete