**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 15

Boy am I hungry today.  I suppose it's because it's down pouring in Ottawa and I'm stuck inside.  I am eating very safe things today in a strong attempt to help speed up the departure of my flare from Thursday night.  I woke up with stiff hands again :(  But I have removed the nuts and sugar and am back to carrots, peaches, chicken and potato.

Here's a question to all of you... does anyone know of a good way to find an old book that Chapters doesn't carry anymore?  I am looking for a book by John Mansfield called "Arthritis- The Allergy Connection"  I can see that there are some used copies for sale but they come from the UK and the prices are ridiculous.  Who knows- maybe one of you have it, and would lend it to me ;)

What a huge crazy blog world there is out there!  I used to get mad at my husband for always having his face buried in the laptop, now we practically fight over it.  I have found some great supportive blogs all around food and allergies.  Here is something I tried a few nights ago with a boring old frozen banana (and it blew my mind how amazing it tasted!)



Um WOW.  I found it on this blog :  http://www.choosingraw.com/this-post-will-change-your-life/
And I borrowed her picture. 
Thanks to her!!

Enjoy! xo

3 comments:

  1. I'm in Ottawa too! LOL

    Check this out, kabbsy is a doctor who monitors the discussion boards:-))

    Re: facts of life for everyone on this planet
    kabbsy
    8/13/2010 2:21 PM
    In response to Re: facts of life for everyone on this planet, by reva pearlston


    There is a large body of scientific studies on the effect of diet and rheumatoid arthritis. It is a controversial area of study on a complex disease. RA is a heterogeneous disease and individual patients will have individual experiences with their diet and their disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banana ice cream! I just tried it recently too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Kat- yes! I saw it on your blog too! It's unbelievable how much it tastes like banana flavored (real) ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete