**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

No pain, no fatigue....

Waking up to feeling this good is like a drug!  When you have been in chronic pain for years- it's truly amazing to feel normal again.

Not only does RA cause extreme joint pain & stiffness, it causes fatigue and a general foggy feeling.  I feel mentally clear, happy as can be, and full of energy.  I'm normally positive and energetic- but not like this.  I suppose the true realisation that food definitely has a large part to do with my particular case of RA is part of it.  I will be able to avoid major drugs and take control of this disease through natural and truly healthy means.

Not sure if I ever shared this but the drugs that I've been on and the drugs that they want me to take have the potential to cause the following lovely side effects:  increased chance of osteoporosis, weight gain, liver and kidney problems, eye issues, an increased chance of contracting respiratory infections,  an increased chance of getting cancer!  Not to mention the stomach issues and ulcers.  The list goes on.  One of the drugs (methotrexate) is an actual chemotherapy drug.  Nice.  That's a bit scary to say the least......

As for my food- still on the basics- sweet potato, carrots, peaches and now that I'm feeling good- chicken as of yesterday.  That's what I'll be eating for the next 3 days and then I will add something new.  Nice and slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment