**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 9

Good Monday morning!

Things are continuing to go very well and smoothly!  Lastnight I had a small green salad with carrots, tomato and cucumber as well as oil & vinegar dressing.  I didn't anticipate any issues, and I was right.  I'm glad to get some veggies back into the mix.  Did I mention that I might never eat another sweet potato again ;)

My hands and feet feel super.  I no longer walk funny, with a limp.  My hands work first thing in the morning.  I can change my baby, empty the dishwasher and open jars!  They are still weak, but they work!

Today for breakfast I made  a mixed berry (sans strawberry) shake with 1/2 banana and mango.  Maybe too much "new" food to try but I did anyway.  I blended it all up with some flax and it was yummy. 

I'm getting to the point where I need to throw in some dairy and wheat to see what happens!  I suppose I am delaying the inevitable.

When my baby was 3 months old, he had severe eczema- I mean, go to the hospital numerous times severe.  Then a little later, when he was 6 months old, he went into anaphylactic shock after ingesting some skim milk powder in a baby cereal.  He was then tested and we were shocked to find out he was allergic to: dairy, wheat, eggs, all nuts, soy & sesame.  It was overwhelming to say the least.  I remember we kept saying "where did he get this from, we both don't have allergies?"  Hmmmmm...well now I am rethinking all of that and I'm guessing that my poor baby got them from MOI!  I guess it's still premature to assume but I can't help but think that. 

We'll see in the days to follow!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jen, what an adventure!!! It sounds so exciting that you're feeling better already!!! Can't imagine being so restricted with food, but when it comes to health, it's worth it!! Is wine considered a biggie?? Good luck and I'll keep reading!! xox Bethany

    ReplyDelete