**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 4

Well, I didn't think this day would come.  I feel good.  My hands are much better.  I am still hungry but in general feeling well.  I am starting to get really excited with the hopes that I can lessen my pain with what I'm eating.

I have been emailing with others that have been successful on getting their RA into remission with food and it's so inspiring.  Now that I am feeling relief, I am kind of in shock that none of my doctors ever mentioned this to me over the years.  Very disappointing but I suppose not surprising with everything that I am reading.

It will be interesting to see what foods will affect me and how.  I'm guessing some of my very favorite foods will be off limits- cheese & chocolate... here's to hoping not!

My last Humira shot was July 9.  I was due to have another on the 23rd.  This makes the way I'm feeling even sweeter since I haven't felt this good on my shot- now I am feeling great off my shot.  I have also lowered (carefully) my prednisone.  I used to take 10mg, then I went down to 5mg for months and just last week went down to 2.5mg. 

I also haven't needed to take my naproxen and haven't taken my plaquenil. 

My knuckles are starting to look more normal again.  They had wrinkles on them this morning as opposed to looking like there was a grape under the skin.

All I can say for now is...wow.

Here is an amazing site to check out   http://www.arthritis-alternatives.com/

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jen!

    I never knew you were on such heavy medications. I'm so glad the food is making a noticeable difference. Even if it takes a while, or a lot of trial and error, at least you have something to work with.

    Have you had any fish yet? Check out Whalesbone on Kent and Argyle (retail fish store). Freshest fish ever, it would be the best one to try if you don't like the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! I can't thank you enough for all the valuable info on your blog! I hope it's ok that I've put a link to it. I haven't mustered up enough guts to try fish yet :( I will though! I'm doing surprisingly well on just fruits and veggies. I do miss meat a lot though. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete