**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 14

Definitely still feeling the affects of either the nuts or dates from Thursday night.  I am in a flare for sure.  I think it seems worse because I've gone off all of my meds (with the exception of prednisone- too dangerous to just stop). 

Today I ate a very basic safe diet (or so I hope).  I am hoping that by tomorrow I am feeling back to good again.   I consumed a berry shake for breakfast (which I added a handful of spinach to- it was surprisingly tasty, couldn't even taste the spinach), celery and carrots for snack, small chicken breast for lunch, and for dinner a potato, small steak and carrots, peppers and onions on the bbq. 

What I am realizing after talking to a few other people that have gone through this process for their RA is that everyone has very different sensitivities.  I think I am a little naive in my thinking that this would be easy- probably will be allergic to wheat or dairy.  I could be allergic to some grains and not others.  Some fruits and not others.  Some nuts but not all nuts.  It's going to take some real patience and time.   Time, I've got lots of... patience.... we'll see :) 

I certainly do feel healthy!  I haven't mentioned it because it wasn't my focus, but I'm down to my lowest weight that I can remember.   My main priority is to feel good and relieve the pain in my joints.  But hey- I'll take the weight loss that's seemingly going along with it!

Here's an updated list of my safe foods (I think....)
Fruit:  peaches, pears, apples, berries (except strawberries for now) banana
Veggies:  sweet potato, white potato, lettuce, cucumbers, tomato, peppers, onion, carrots, celery, spinach
Meat: beef, chicken, pork
Eggs
Coffee
Green tea

Let's hope I wake up good again :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment