**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 5

Today I woke up and was able to make a tight fist with my hands.  This was huge.  I haven't been able to do that for years!!  I am on the least amount of meds and have the almost zero pain.  I am totally in shock of the way that I feel.  I am so thrilled and excited.

I am going to slowly start re-introducing foods tomorrow.  Coffee will be first!  Then I will add some foods that will likely be safe.  I want to build up my "legal" food list and then in a few days test some of the biggies (dairy, wheat, corn, soy).

I'm starting to think that anybody who has a health issue (headaches, bloated stomach, fatigue, IBS, etc)  should give this method a try.  For me, it's been amazing.   So far... I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself!

The funny thing is, I'm not really craving anything anymore..

6 comments:

  1. Wow Jen only 5 days in and you are noticing a difference. It's amazing that our doctors don't make the connection between our diet and our problems. Get some really good fresh fish (Whalesbone is *the* place to buy it) and you might be surprised that it really does taste good. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I have to be the happiest Mom ever --- let's pray you can identify the bad foods immediately .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Jen! I"m really excited for you.
    Love, Nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cravings do go away after a while, it's pretty amazing!

    Are you sure you want to re-intro coffee first? ;) I would suggest a protein source first. But then, I'm not a coffee drinker...

    How quickly will you be adding in new foods? I usually did one new food each 3-4 days to really be able to tell if there was any delayed reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kat!
    You're probably right. I definitely am going to have either chicken or steak tomorrow night for dinner. Is a reaction to coffee likely? It's actually suggested that you add 3 foods a day but you're right- it would be hard to pinpoint a problem food that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The caffeine might affect you a bit more than it normally would. If you've been off it for 5 days, and have come off foods that trigger symptoms, you might actually be a bit more sensitive to caffeine. That was my reaction when adding chocolate back in. My heart was pumping and I couldn't sleep. I would say just have a small amount of coffee to start and you should be fine. Maybe have it in the morning?

    Adding 3 a day should be fine for most foods like fruit, veggies, meat. For the major ones though (dairy, wheat, corn, soy, eggs, and I'd add nuts to that list) try and isolate them with at least 3 days in between.

    ReplyDelete