**Update on diet changes & RA

*Update* I am having huge successes in alleviating my symptoms from changing my diet!! Please if you are visiting and have RA...try this. Or contact me... I am not only a mission to fix myself but to help others!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Feeling fine...

Still feeling terrific (minus getting my period)  Boy did that ever hit hard today.  It dawned on me that I've been doped up for the past 3 years on an anti-inflammatories...I guess they've made my periods a lot better.  Oh well, a day or two of feeling crappy is worlds better than being drugged up!!

I'm still keeping it simple with my eating.  Really trying to do this properly although I would love to dive into a large cheese pizza. 

My safe food list is sweet potato (I actually am so sick of these that I may never eat one again) carrots, peaches, chicken, celery, nuts, and I blended a few berries yesterday so I think they're ok too.   I must say that I'm doing well- feeling satisfied and while I tease about craving a pizza, I truly am ok.  Way better than I thought I would be.  See, I love food.  Good food, bad food, fast food, mom's home cooking.  Lots of food.  I thought this would have been harder for me but I'm doing just fine.  I have a bbq Sat to go to and I'm sure there'll be lots of treats so that will be a good test.  I know I won't cheat myself though- I've come too far and I feel too damn good!!

My hands and feet feel awesome.  I can actually lift a dumbell in the morning. 

I'm getting lots of posts & comments from others with RA.  I hope that if anyone out there reading gives the elimination diet a try they let me know! 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    Wow looks like this is working for you. I am looking at starting this tomorrow, are you taking vitamins/supplements? Did you stop all your meds?
    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Moe: Wow, you're going to give it a try- that's great. I hope you get some of the great results that I am getting. I won't sugar coat it- it's very very hard to get through the first few days! I know you can do it though! I went off my humira shot since my rheumatologist asked me to in preparation to start a new one (which he doesn't realize that I never did start) I chose to stop my plaquenil and naproxyn. I am still on prednisone- that one's a little too dangerous and tricky to just stop. (I learned that the very hard way before...) Here's my email if you have specific questions or want to chat... jen_mcconnery@yahoo.ca I'd love to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the email...I will probably need some help! Good thing is I LOVE white fish:)In fact I like all the foods on the list.
    If I take the plunge tomorrow I will keep you posted.:)

    ReplyDelete